Responder - Anacortes, WA
Company: Marine Spill Response Corp.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Marine Spill Response Corporation is a not-for-profit, U.S.
Coast Guard Classified Oil Spill Removal Organization. MSRC was
formed in 1990 to offer oil spill response services and mitigate
damage to the environment. MSRC offers a full range of oil spill
response capabilities intended to help meet the planning criteria
of the Oil Pollution Act of 1990.
MSRC is offering an excellent opportunity for an entry-level
Responder who is ready to start their career with the leader in the
oil spill response industry. We are seeking a qualified individual
who can perform preventative maintenance, basic corrective
maintenance, and provide support in all phases of oil spill
response equipment operation, deployment, retrieval, cleaning and
Please note, due to the pandemic and to ensure the continued
health and safety of our employees, the start date for the position
may need to fluctuate.
Requirements of the position:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A Valid Driver License
- A 100-Ton Coast Guard License is preferred
- Demonstrate ability to operate industrial equipment safely
- Employment is contingent upon a successful background check,
drug screen and pre-hire medical exam.
- Must meet all work eligibility requirements
- Candidates must be able to obtain a TWIC card and Passport,
complete the 40 Hour HAZWOPER training
- Assist in various types of oil spill clean up activities as
- Deploying, retrieval, and processing of boom and sorbent
- Develops a basic working knowledge of all equipment that is
utilized in performing our work.
- Ability to operate equipment in accordance with all policies,
regulations, and procedures to ensure safe and productive work
- Complete and submit appropriate paper work and reports
(manually and electronically) proper and timely as required
including; time records, maintenance and safety reports
- Availability to report to the work site location within a 2
hour recall notice and work 14 days or more in the case of an oil
spill or weather related activity
- Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the
position, a continuing condition of employment is that the
applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours
a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require
work during week-ends and holidays
- Work effectively in team environment and provide support and
- Expected to perform other duties as assigned
- Requires standing, lifting up to 45lbs
- Requires the ability to wear the personnel protective equipment
prescribed by posted signs and written instruction
- Able to work in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in
all weather conditions including heat, cold, rain or dry
- Ability to perform work in various sea conditions, under all
environmental conditions, often wet/oily decks
Keywords: Marine Spill Response Corp., Bellingham , Responder - Anacortes, WA, Other , Anacortes, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!