Senior Civil/Structural Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer who is a
highly motivate leader to join our team in Bellingham.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in
executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission or
Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost
effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The candidate should
have experience in designing foundations for large industrial
equipment such as reciprocating compressors, turbines, and towers
as well as steel design for modular packages. The
candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to
work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Determines applicable code requirements and correctly applies
them in the development of calculations or specifications
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers
throughout the detail design portion of the project to coordinate
overall facility interfaces within the 3D model and other
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains
strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Stay up to date and current with all changes in codes and
industry standards both at state and national levels.
- Develops specifications and completes load calculations and
analysis of structures or foundations resulting in an engineered
sketch or output for development of Issued For Construction
packages by the design team.
- Performs field conditional assessments
- Interfaces with on-site and remote cross-functional project
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to
define the project plan.
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical
Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Demonstrated ability to complete structural system analysis,
sizing, design, and report writing.
- Complete load calculations and analysis.
- A working knowledge of typical industry codes: IBC, ASCE 7,
AISC and ACI
- Strong knowledge of structural calculation software: STAAD
- Ability with AutoCAD is strongly preferred.
- Strong detailed design experience in steel structures and
concrete foundations. A sound understanding of how to design
is foundations for rotating equipment with unbalanced forces.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients’ sites,
interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent
business needs. The combined travel required to support this role
is estimated to be 15 to 30%.
- BS from an ABET accredited University with Structural
concentration or MS degree in Structural Engineering required
Licenses and Certifications
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a
valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- A licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) is required
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Senior Civil/Structural Engineer - Oil & Gas (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!