Sr. Project Controller (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: September 11, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Sr. Project Controller assists Project Managers, Market
Sector Managers, and regional staff members to manage cost,
schedule and change on projects and portfolios.
- Assist in the planning of work to be performed, the creation of
Work Breakdown Structures appropriate to the scope, contract and
- Assist in the development of project budgets by coordinating
estimates for professional services and completing associated EMS
setup activities in conjunction with Project Accounting
- Prepare weekly cost reports for all projects, analyzes those
projects/reports for anomalies relative to budgets and scopes and
review same with the Project Manager, making recommendations for
remedial actions where appropriate.
- Prepare project schedules, including resource loading where
appropriate and/or required, to support estimating and project
- Facilitate periodic (weekly, biweekly or monthly) progress
tracking with project discipline leads to accurately assess and
report progress of work on individual projects, resulting in
updated Cost Performance Indicators (CPI’s) and updated
- Assist Project Managers in the identification of changes
relative to scope, schedule or budget, analyze to develop remedial
actions, develop and submit appropriate change documentation to
clients for adjustments schedules and budgets.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and other periodic reports for assigned
projects and portfolios.
- Review invoices prepared by Project Accounting to ensure proper
billing rates and time are included and invoiced. Assist in
AR in various interactions with client staffs.
- Assist Sector and Regional managers in resource forecasting and
- Help refine existing systems to create a more robust project
controls function and culture.
- Where required update cost and schedules within Client
- Leadership of multifunctional project team
- 10+ years engineering and project experience
- Project experience demonstrating most or all of the essential
functions discussed above.
- Experience with PNW refinery clients and their systems is
- Strong computer skills
- Task & results oriented, focused, effective time
- Communicate with teams, clients, and vendors
- Bachelors Degree – preferred, Business, Project/Construction
- Experience in lieu of formal education to be considered.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Sr. Project Controller (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!