Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking an experienced (5+ Year) Instrument and Controls
Engineer who is a highly motivated to join our team in Bellingham,
WA. The successful candidate must have experience in
executing projects for the Refining, Gas Transmission, Advanced
Tech or Renewable Energy industries with the highest level of
quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The
successful candidate will work with other licensed engineers and
experienced designers to develop instrument specifications and PLC,
SCADA, and DCS based control systems for industrial facilities. The
candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to
work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Instrumentation and control system engineering design for
industrial, manufacturing, and utilities projects.
- Specifications including calculations for flow meters,
analyzers, transmitters, and other field instruments; must have an
understanding of area classification and standard wiring
- Perform control system studies including troubleshooting
existing control systems, new system conceptual design and control
- Develop controls/instrumentation engineering documentation
including detailed instrument specifications and selection, logic
diagrams, loop sheets, instrument lists, I/O lists, and
instrumentation plan drawings.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating
instrumentation/controls engineering/design efforts on
multi-discipline engineering projects.
- Field support including on-site design, technical support,
commissioning, and construction management.
- Provide project management for projects that are primarily
instrumentation/controls in nature.
- Provide training and mentoring of junior level
instrumentation/controls engineers and designers.
- Ability to working safely in a restricted refinery
- Proven ability to meet client deadlines.
- 5+ years’ experience in the engineering design of industrial
control systems including instrumentation, control logic, PLC,
SCADA and DCS based control systems, and control systems
- Experience in SPI / InTools in preferred.
- Safety Integrated System experience is preferred. Certificate 2
ISA/IEC 61511 SIL Specialist is a preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in cost estimating (engineering and
capital costs), proposal development, marketing, and business
development efforts for I&C projects is preferred.
- Experience supervising engineers, designers, and drafters as
part of a control system design team.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% to work at project sites,
collaborate with design professionals in other offices, for
training and other purposes.
- Professional license or the ability to obtain a professional
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Chemical, or
Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited school
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Instrumentation & Controls Engineer (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!