Mechanical Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer who is highly
motivated to join our team in Bellingham, WA.
The successful candidate must have extensive experience in
executing projects for the Refining, Gas Transmission or
Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost
effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The work will be varied
and may include conceptual studies, detailed design, field
installation, or construction support for projects ranging from
small capital or maintenance projects to full EPC capital
projects. The candidate must have
excellent communication skills and be able to work with other
engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Creates and implements ideas to increase repeatability and
efficiency thru tools or procedures to maximize the team
- Sizes and specifies fixed and rotating mechanical equipment and
packaged equipment; develops the necessary specifications and data
sheets to define.
- Conducts pipe sizing, hydraulic studies and other engineering
analysis as required.
- Develops RFP packages and makes recommendations for supplier
technical selection. Reviews mechanical equipment vendor data
and interfaces with suppliers to resolve any technical issues.
- Interacts with other engineering disciplines and designers to
prepare the project P&IDs and other governing documents;
maintains engagement throughout the detail design portion of the
project to ensure the resulting 3D modeling activities meet the
design intent and quality requirements of the project.
- Provides technical expertise to the organization and maintains
strong client relationships.
- Provides mentorship to less experienced engineers.
- Assists in preparation of project schedules and estimates to
define the project plan.
- 10+ years of experience in the Oil & Gas or Petrochemical
Industry is preferred with a varied range of project examples.
- Natural Gas Distribution or Downstream Refining project
experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in the selection of reciprocating and turbine
compressors packages and integration into facilities; mechanical
equipment selection of supporting systems
- A strong knowledge and background of executing pipe stress
analysis and resolving difficult loading conditions; Caesar II
- Ability to apply engineering best practices, codes, and
standards to identify issues, recommend improvements, and implement
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients’ sites,
interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent
business needs. The combined travel required to support this role
is estimated to be 15 to 30%.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET
accredited university is required
- We are looking for candidates local to the area.
For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some
relocation assistance may be available.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Mechanical Engineer (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!