Process Engineer - Heavy Industrial (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: October 15, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are actively seeking a Senior Process Engineer who is
highly motivated to join our team in Bellingham,
WA. The successful candidate must have extensive
experience in executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas
Transmission or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of
quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The
candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to
work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple
- Develop the heat and material balance for new projects (using
process simulation tools such as Aspentech HYSYS)
- Create process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping and
instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Perform equipment sizing calculations and prepare equipment
- Support specification of process instrumentation
- Perform facility and systems overpressure protection studies
(PSV sizing and documentation)
- Perform detailed hydraulic calculations to determine pipe
sizes, required pump duties, control valve sizing, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and information to mechanical,
electrical, instrumentation, civil, and project engineering
- Interact with clients in project meetings and site visits
- Develop (or support development of) plant commissioning,
startup, and operating procedures
- Support Cause & Effect document development
- Develop Process Control Narrative document
- Assist with facility commissioning and startup activities
- Work as part of a multi-office, multi-disciplinary team in a
lead technical role (non-supervisory)
- Act as a mentor to less-experienced engineers
- Have 10+ years of process/design work experience in the Oil &
- Client development, consulting and experience in the
preparation of proposals for engineering services are highly
- Natural Gas Distribution or Downstream Refining project
experience is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- This position must communicate effectively with Clients,
Vendors, Contractors and other Design Group employees at all levels
of responsibility. Excellent communication and presentation skills
as well as a professional demeanor are essential.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, training, industry related seminars, forums, or
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET
accredited university is required
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification for facilitating HAZOP and/or LOPA assessments is
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a
valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- PE license desired
- We are looking for candidates local to the area.
For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some
relocation assistance may be available.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Bellingham , Process Engineer - Heavy Industrial (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!