Patient Experience Specialist
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Description PeaceHealth is seeking a Patient Experience
Specialist.Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses
of a 2-dose series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond
the final dose prior to start date.** This is an on-site position
in Bellingham, WAJOB SUMMARYSupports system-wide programs,
initiatives, projects, and interventions focused on ensuring the
experience of care for all patients is consistent, seamless, and
exceptional. Provides partnered support and coaching necessary to
improve patient experience. Partners with system, hospital, and
medical group leadership to identify, plan, implement, and sustain
improvement strategies across the system. Responsible for
supporting the system in achieving and sustaining the strategic
goals specific to our expectation of providing consistent, high
level service to our patients, families, and visitors. Builds and
maintains relationships with caregivers across all levels of the
organization, and in clinical and non-clinical areas. Supports the
delivery of excellent patient experience by providing consultation,
coaching, mentorship, training, and applied
- Promotes integration and alignment of Patient Experience
strategies with teams across the organization. Partners with
stakeholders to achieve PeaceHealth system-wide and community-
specific goals related to patient experience. Ensures all work is
aligned with priorities and goals.
- Works with Patient Experience team to ensure consistency across
the system. Provides feedback to colleagues through formal and
informal forums. Participates in multidisciplinary forums in order
to problem solve and facilitate planning.
- Serves as point of contact for patient experience by acting as
an internal consultant and providing expert knowledge of best
practices and current patient experience thought leadership.
- Monitors patient experience change efforts and evaluate
results. Perform periodic auditing to ensure consistent application
of evidence-based tools and techniques. Aids key stakeholders in
interpreting patient experience data and reports.
- Provides internal coaching and consulting to system and
hospital-based leadership to drive patient experience improvement
and help to ensure the achievement of patient experience
- Works with leadership to identify target areas of improvements
and recommends goals, tactics, and methods to local leadership.
Consults with leadership in the development of action plans,
monitors successes, and serves as a change agent. Assists
leadership in identifying and evaluating internal and external
service-related best practices and promotes/implements them across
the health system.
- Supports the ongoing development of staff through coaching and
mentoring. Coordinates with Education Services to develop program
content, training curriculum, and provide on-going education.
- Participates in rounding and proactively respond to patient
needs to improve patient outcomes and positively impact overall
patient experience. Use gathered information to assess and inform
process improvement and recognize or coach performance.
- Maintains project tools, coordinate timing, prioritization, and
implementation of projects/logistics in close collaboration with
system leadership, key stakeholders, and community implementation
teams. Reports program status and initiative progress.
- Facilitates teams for related patient experience project work
and support other teams work performed in relation to patient
experience outcomes. Presents to new employee orientation,
caregiver groups, leadership teams, and other audiences
- Leads and participates in local and system patient and family
advisory councils. Utilize feedback to inform local patient
experience strategies and tactics.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION:
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in a healthcare-related
field. Equivalent knowledge and skills obtained through a
combination of education, training and experience may be
- Minimum three years customer or patient experience with
progressively increasing responsibilities required.
- Experience in a healthcare setting; preferably hospital,
clinic, or health system- related required.
- Work related experience with demonstrated ability to drive
results in patient experience or customer relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of best practices in Patient
- Experience coordinating projects with demonstrated success
outcomes, specifically with a focus on patient experience, service
excellence, or customer service activities.
- Demonstrated teaching proficiency, including knowledge and
application of adult learning principles.
- Working knowledge of and experience with continuous process
improvement methodologies and tools such as PDSA/PDCA, Lean, Six
- Certified Patient Experience Professional preferred and
required within the one year of employment.
- Facilitation or project management certification is
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of patient experience vendor reporting
- Working knowledge of survey instruments and reporting
mechanisms associated with regulatory, compliance, or pay for
- Ability to design and deliver impactful presentations to broad
- Skilled listener and able to represent the perspective of
- Strong group facilitation and conflict management skills and a
demonstrated ability to unite individuals around a common
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills and ability to
generate ideas and fresh perspectives.
- Strong organizational skills and detail orientation.
- Strong sense of personal accountability, passion, and ownership
for achieving sustained patient experience excellence across the
- Ability to function both autonomously and with strong
self-direction as well as collaboratively with local and system
teams.REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time, including communities
as far North as Ketchikan, Alaska and South to Florence, Oregon.
- Work requires normal amounts of physical effort.
- Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close
attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).See how
PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for Diversity and
. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please
attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative
Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local,
state, or federal laws.REQNUMBER: 16152
Keywords: PeaceHealth, Bellingham , Patient Experience Specialist, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!