Whatcom Designated Crisis Responder- DCR- On-call
Company: Compass Health
Posted on: May 5, 2022
Designated Crisis Responder (DCR) - On-CallBellingham
Compass Health is currently looking for an Designated Crisis
Responder (DCR) for our MCOT/Emergency Services program!The Mobile
Crisis Outreach Team (MCOT) is a community-based outreach team with
the ability to respond to and provide crisis services in the
community (e.g., homes, schools, shelters). The Team serves adults,
adolescents, and children who are experiencing a behavioral health
(mental health and/or substance use) crisis regardless of their
funding source. MCOT offers short term crisis intervention and
prevention services utilizing strength-based, solution-focused,
culturally competent, trauma-informed, and recovery-oriented
What you will be performingThe DCR provides crisis intervention
mental health services to persons of all ages experiencing acute
behavioral health issues and when appropriate evaluates for an
involuntary detention. These services will be provided primarily in
community settings to individuals who are in crisis or for whom a
crisis episode is deemed to be imminent. This position will also
provide support and back-up to team members as needed.
What you will be carrying along
- MA/MS/MSW Degree in a Behavioral Science related field.
- Current Washington State Licensure or equivalent in Social
Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, or Mental Health Counseling
- Qualifies as a Mental Health Professional (MHP) as defined by
- Experience in medical, mental health or social services field
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Evidence-Based
Practices, or interest and ability to learn.
- Individuals who do not already hold a license or associate
license through the Washington State Department of Health must
submit Agency Affiliated Counselor application upon hire and be
approved by the DOH.
- Proof of Hepatitis B vaccination within 10 days of hire.
- Valid Washington State Driver's License required including
vehicle and appropriate insurance, if applicable.
What you will be sharing
- Ability to attend the DCR Academy by the time of the first
annual review required.
- Positive Attitude.
What we will be offeringAs the region's largest non-profit
community behavioral healthcare organization, we have been serving
our clients and our communities for over 110 years. Our commitment
to care doesn't stop with our clients though, as we take pride in
offering our employees the opportunity to work in a culture that
promotes learning, growth, and advancement as well as a focus on
employee satisfaction and work/life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance at NO COST to Full-time
- 16 days of paid vacation the first year
- 12 sick days with great wellness day
- 13 paid holidays - 11 regular and 2 that you choose
- Professional funds and paid education leave
- Up to 2% match for the 403B Retirement plan after the first
- Automatic additional pay raises when you have your 1st & 3rd
anniversary with Compass!
- And much, much more!!
Compass Health is the region's largest private, non-profit
organization providing mental health and chemical dependency
services in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, and Whatcom
counties of Western Washington. We provide quality creative
services to children, families and adults in a variety of
outpatient, residential and inpatient settings. We have been
serving our clients and our communities for over 110 years, though
our commitment to care doesn't stop with our clients as we take
pride in offering our employees the opportunity to work in a
culture that promotes learning, growth, and advancement. We
maintain a focus on employee satisfaction and work/life balance,
which includes competitive compensation and benefits programs.
Please visit our website for more information:
www.compasshealth.org.Compass Health promotes equal treatment and
equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees
regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, religion,
age, marital status, sexual minority status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, or disability unless based on a bona fide
POSITION SUMMARYJob Title: DCR
Program: 500-21330- MCOT
Wage: $27.24-$43.05/hr DOE
Keywords: Compass Health, Bellingham , Whatcom Designated Crisis Responder- DCR- On-call, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!