Supervisor Region Operations - Bellingham, WA
Posted on: May 6, 2022
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook:
/lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube:
/lumentechnologies.The RoleThe Supervisor Region Operations
responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific service
areas, and to provide quality residential and business
communications services on a profitable basis while adhering to
company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain
an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes
and sells Lumen products and services while providing a service
experience that exceeds the customer's expectationsPosting Dates: -
4/27/22 - 5/27/22The Main Responsibilities
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant network
services and technicians whose work includes the installation and
maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as
design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Century
Link and Contractors to resolve issues arising during the
construction and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and
development of employees with regards to new processes and quality
standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet
attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent Century Link with customers and governmental
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of
maximum performance.What We Look For in a CandidateMinimum
- Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical
environment with typically 4+ years of experience.
- Strong skills and experience in employee development to include
training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of
residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a
fundamental understanding of services and products offered by
Century Link is preferred.
- Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for
the telecommunication industry.
- Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative
manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview, fact-find,
present options, recommend solutions, follow-up and customer
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented
position in a deadline focused department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience. 5+
years related experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience managing teams within a telecom
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and
repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and
pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory
overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to
complete job assignments.What to Expect NextRequisition #:
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary RangeSalary Min :72540Salary Max :161520This information
reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based
on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on
location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other
relevant factors.This position is eligible for either short-term
incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also
are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus
structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to
answer any additional questions you may have as you move through
the selection process.As part of our comprehensive benefits
package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary
Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical,
mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by
clicking here.Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and
ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement
provisions.Salary RangeSalary Min :72540Salary Max :161520This
information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based
on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's
location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual
experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage
you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which
you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to
discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
Keywords: Lumen, Bellingham , Supervisor Region Operations - Bellingham, WA, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!