Company: Point Roberts Water District
Location: Point Roberts
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Point Roberts Water District #4 is looking for a dedicated,
hard-working individual to join our team as a full-time Field
The primary responsibilities of this position consist of the
maintenance and operation of the District's water distribution
system, which includes reservoirs, water mains, pumping stations,
monitoring systems, fire hydrants, and water meters. - Other
responsibilities include bi-monthly meter reading and sewer lift
Applicants must possess basic math skills, a strong mechanical
aptitude, and the ability to collect pertinent data and maintain
This position requires working in all types of weather conditions
and the ability to perform strenuous physical labor, including
digging, climbing in and out of trenches and manholes, and the
ability to lift up to 100 lbs.
This position requires some on-call time during nights and
weekends, with a short response time. - - Some callouts occur
during the night, and emergency situations such as main breaks
require an immediate response. - The ideal candidate will live in
or be willing to relocate to Point Roberts, or alternatively
arrange to stay locally during their on-call periods.
The field operator is a public servant, and as such she/he must
always treat the public with courtesy.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Field Operator must:
- Have a high school education or equivalent
- Qualify for Water Distribution Manager 1 certification within
18 months of date of hire
- Have a valid Washington State driver's license and good driving
record, and be capable of acquiring a commercial driver's
- Have a familiarity with computers
- Be able to use hand and power tools
Ability to operate heavy equipment is a plus. - Experience
operating or installing water infrastructure is preferred but not
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly responsible to management, and to keep management well
informed at all times.
- Routine maintenance, including minor repairs and improvements,
of pump station and facilities to prevent contamination and ensure
good appearance and general cleanliness of the facilities and
- Perform scheduled maintenance of water infrastructure and keep
records, such as daily plant logs and records of valve and hydrant
- Maintain ongoing records of the day to day operation of the
- Follow established policies, procedures, rules, and
- Assist in emergency situations when and where they occur,
including during nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be available during on-call shifts in Point Roberts with less
than 20 minute response time.
- Work in all weather conditions, and be able to work alone at
- Perform all required field operations, including climbing in
and out of trenches and manholes, and lifting up to 100
- Inform management when inventory of spare parts or supplies is
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary: $20-$22/hr depending on experience
Paid Vacation after first year
Sick Leave: 12 days per year
Medical Insurance: After 3 mo/90 day waiting period
Retirement: WA State PERS 2 or PERS 3
The Point Roberts Water District No. 4 is a drug, alcohol, and
smoke/vape free work place.
Please direct resumes to Dan Bourks, Manager, via one of the
Point Roberts Water District #4
PO Box 39
Point Roberts, WA - 98281
2002 Benson Rd
Point Roberts, WA
Keywords: Point Roberts Water District, Bellingham , Field Operator, Other , Point Roberts, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!