Engagement Outreach Specialist - Posting #22-041
Company: Lifeline Connections
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Lifeline Connections is a not-for-profit agency that is recognized
as a leading behavioral health treatment provider in Washington
State, offering a full continuum of care for individuals who have a
behavioral health condition. Lifeline Connections' patients receive
an unprecedented level of care by highly skilled professionals who
know how to help people find and sustain long-term recovery. For
over sixty years Lifeline Connections has provided hope, help and
healing to thousands of individuals in Washington State and within
the Portland, Oregon metro area.
Engagement Outreach Specialist - Posting #22-041
Major Duties:The Engagement and Outreach Specialist works under the
supervision of the Program Director and will conduct outreach to
persons that otherwise have not engaged in services. This position
will focus on conducting community outreach and building
relationships with diverse clients, groups and organizations. The
purpose of the contact is to identify barriers to clients engaging
and addressing them, (i.e., different day, time, etc.), arrange
transportation to clinics, etc. If the client(s) cannot be
re-engaged in treatment services, create Discharge/Transfer Plans
for them. This position does not provide clinical services to
agency patients. In fulfilling these duties, the incumbent performs
the following duties independently:
- Develop and expand partnerships with local cultural
organizations such as The Noble Foundation, NAACP, League of United
Latin American Citizens, Pacific Islander Community Association,
Native American Youth and Family Centers in tribal communities,
Queer Youth Resource Center, PFLAG, and Council for the Homeless,
Share and local Public Health Departments.
- Develops and implements outreach strategies and referral
pathways for vulnerable populations, such as minority populations
and individuals residing in economically disadvantaged
- Serve as an integral member of a team that is addressing
behavioral health needs which may have arisen as a result of the
pandemic, including but not limited to trauma, grief, loneliness
- Identify barriers of vulnerable populations in seeking
behavioral health services, in best effort to address and overcome
- Provide Youth Mental Health First Aid training to schools and
other community partners
- Refer and link vulnerable populations to behavioral health
clinics and other human services programs.
- Maintain management of electronic health records in accordance
with assigned Services Programs.
- Conduct all professional activity in an ethical manner.
- Conform to all applicable policies and procedures.
- Utilize literature, workshops and other training aids to
continually improve outreach and engagement skills.
- Assist in assuring compliance with all related licensing and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in communications, social work or related
- Associates degree or Bachelor's degree in a social work
- Bilingual Spanish, Russian, or ASL preferred;
- Experience in Behavioral Healthcare field with adults and/or
- Experience with LGBTQ+ community preferred;
- Experience with persons experiencing homelessness
- Experience working with Native American Citizens
- Experience with persons with severe mental illness/severe
emotional disorder preferred;
- Willingness to become a Youth Mental Health First Aid
- Current unencumbered driver license and proof of car
- Highly effective communication in both oral and written
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with employees
at all levels within the agency and professional associates outside
the agency as required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Great attendance.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of client information at
Salary:DOE + Sign on Bonus!
Submit a cover letter and resume to Human Resources. We will only
accept resumes with a cover letter specifying the position title
and posting number of the position you are applying for. For more
information on this and other positions, please visit our website
The Benefits:Lifeline Connections is striving to be your employer
of choice by offering our regular/full time employees a generous
benefits package. The plan covers 85% of medical, dental, and
vision costs at the employee level and 75% for all dependent plans.
The majority of out-of-pocket costs for co-pays, prescriptions, and
deductible under the medical plan are also covered. We also have
employer paid Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life
Insurance and supplemental coverages.Our fulltime employees and
some part time employees also qualify for our 401(K) plan that
matches dollar for dollar up to 5%. On top of all that, our
fulltime employees receive approximately 4 weeks of paid time off
during their first year of employment (accrual rates increase with
years of service), as well as 3 personal holidays and 10 paid
holidays per year!There are many other supplemental benefits we are
glad to offer such as tuition reimbursement and discounted cellular
service amongst others.
Send us your resume and let's talk about you joining our team!
Keywords: Lifeline Connections, Bellingham , Engagement Outreach Specialist - Posting #22-041, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!