RN Nurse Team Lead - Psychiatric Unit
Company: Peace Health
Posted on: June 23, 2022
PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Nurse Team Lead - Psychiatric Unit for
a Full Time, 0.90 FTE, Night position. Hourly compensation starts
at $38.23, more depending on experience.
Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 including 2 doses of a 2-dose
series or 1 dose of a 1-dose series plus 14 days beyond the final
dose prior to start date.
Provides professional nursing direct patient care in compliance
with professional practice and unit standards. Promotes a
collaborative, interdisciplinary approach towards patients,
families and all members of the care delivery team.
* Assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care needs.
* Documents patient care in the healthcare record according to
* Directs and delegates care to other team members in accordance
with their education, credentials, and demonstrated competence.
* Ensures own professional effectiveness through education and
* Participates in the development of and maintains established
hospital policies, procedures and objectives, quality improvement,
safety, environmental and infection prevention program.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an approved school of nursing required.
* BSN preferred.
* Specialty certification preferred.
* At least one year's experience with chronically mentally ill
clients required or currently oriented and can provide care
independently within the department, required.
* Recent inpatient experience preferred.
* Demonstrated competence in area of expertise.
* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific
principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each
* Previous leadership experience is preferred.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse
will be practicing.
* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date
* Demonstrated ability to promote positive interpersonal
relationships and patient/family centered work environment
* Able to support and interpret medical center philosophy, policy
* Basic computer skills
ST. JOSEPH PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires active physical exertion up to 66% of the time
* Ability to lift, push, pull objects weighing 75lbs or less.
* Work is performed under normal working conditions with adequate
lighting and ventilation. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood
and body fluids once per month or more. Work may involve exposure
to hazardous medication and/or chemicals and sharp instruments.
* Job duties require intense concentration and attention to detail
up to 34-65% of work time.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement.
There may be more than one opening on this posting.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Inclusivity, Respect for
Diversity and Cultural Humility.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach
a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action
Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state,
or federal laws.
Keywords: Peace Health, Bellingham , RN Nurse Team Lead - Psychiatric Unit, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!