Company: Apria Healthcare
Posted on: November 3, 2018
With over 300 locations across the US, Apria Healthcare's mission is to improve the quality of life for our 1.8 million patients at home by providing home respiratory services and select medical equipment to help them sleep better, breathe better, heal faster, and thrive longer. Additional information can be found at www.apria.com.
JOB SUMMARYThe purpose of this position is to offer support to the daily operations of the Branch Office and Branch Manager(s).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Sales team on completing documentation requirements on behalf of patients.
- Provide reception services as first point of contact including telephone reception and in-person.
- Perform a number of processing duties for the Branch as necessary including, but not limited to working with intakes, reviewing ACIS screens to assist customers; and confirming delivery appointments.
- Perform post-delivery work order confirmation and data entry.
- May assist with coordination of patient Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) classes including assembly of paperwork instructions and other non-licensed activities as defined by policy.
- May conduct downloads of recording devices such as apnea monitors, oximeters, CPAP devices, and other respiratory equipment as directed.
- May perform functional tests on certain respiratory equipment as required by branch.
- Handle requests for audit/documentation purposes.
- Support overnight oximetry program.
- Collect credit card/billing information as needed.
- Assist with patient scheduling.
- Carry out scanning, filing, and faxing records on a routine basis.
- Aid with warehouse/patient equipment preparation.
- In addition to set up or return of equipment, may instruct patients, complete paperwork, explain insurance and out-of-pocket expenses, handle payments, retrieve equipment from warehouse, and reconcile daily receivables and submit to the lock box.
- May perform outbound customer satisfaction calls to patients and referrals.
- Order inventory or office supplies.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Meets company minimum standard of Background Check
Education and/or Experience
- Education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
- At least two years related experience in an office environment is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
- Valid driver's license.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong customer relations/problem solving.
- Strong phone skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to multi-task effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the phone and electronically.
- If participating in coordination, delivery, function testing or downloads of respiratory equipment, all applicable competency testing must be completed prior to conducting those activities.
- Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic printing/faxing/scanning.
- English (reading, writing, verbal).
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of DOT/FDA Regulations.
- Bilingual (reading, writing, verbal).
- Previous interaction with the general public in a service management industry.
PHYSICAL DEMANDSWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision. Must be able to travel by plane and automobile (if applicable). Possible lifting of equipment up to 50 lbs.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee may be required to inspect and safely operate a motor vehicle during the day and night and in a wide range of weather and traffic conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is varies based on the locations or activities proximate to which can range from low to high.
- There is moderate exposure to dust, fume, mists and odors.
- Temperature ranges from normal indoor climate-controlled environment in buildings or vehicles and various outdoor conditions and temperature extremes encountered throughout the year in a variety of US states.
- General lighting is generally provided via florescent lighting indoors, and natural lighting outdoors, and low light conditions consistent with outdoor and/or night working environment.
- During off site travel events the employee may be exposed to higher noise levels requiring the use of hearing protection, with moderate potential exposure to moderate dust, chemicals, fumes and odors, as well as cryogenic and cleaning agents.
- During off site travel events the employee may be required to ride in company delivery vehicles and accompany employees on deliveries and enter into patient homes.
- May be required to receive vaccinations and participate in medical assessments and testing consistent with the work environment or patients exposed to.
- Will be required to wear various personal protective equipment consistent with the hazards encountered in this role.
- Will be required to use hand tools for assembly and repair, material handling equipment, cutting, carrying devices, cleanup kits or equipment.
- May be required to work with cryogenic fluids requiring special precautions and PPE.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As an EOE/AA employer, Apria Healthcare is committed to providing all applicants and employees with equal access to employment opportunities, regardless of sex, race, age, color, national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Apria Healthcare shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. AA/EOE, M/F/Disability and Vet
Keywords: Apria Healthcare, Bellingham , Branch Coordinator, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!