Company: School Specialty, Inc
Posted on: May 11, 2019
Project Specialist?- Are you ready to make a difference??School
Specialty is dedicated to changing education for the better. That
means working closely with educators, sharing experience, and
traveling into unchartered territories together. - Are you ready to
join us on the journey?Job SummaryThe Premier Product Management
department within School Specialty is responsible for
conceptualizing, writing, designing, editing, developing and
managing a customer-centric Premier product portfolio. The process
involves working with a cross section of company departments,
namely Market Research, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Pricing, IT,
and Manufacturing.?Given the interdisciplinary aspect of the unit?s
responsibilities, interdepartmental engagement and coordination is
critical to the success of the team, and the Premier product
organization; as what is marketed, sold and manufactured by Premier
flows from Product Management. An understanding of the various
business units, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and
the skills necessary for effective communication are all critical
to the performance of the position.Essential Functions
- Serves as the source of information and maintains documentation
on procedures, workflows and processes within the unit (i.e.
Editorial Proofing Process documentation, etc).
- Functions as a liaison between corporate departments and
business units and the Product Management team to track, compile,
clarify, summarize, and disseminate product lineup information and
development schedules.? ?
- Develops presentations, spreadsheets, word documents and plans
with the Sr Manager and Product Managers including training
materials for Sales and information sheets for Marketing.
- Proofreads and edits materials for factual and grammatical
content as well as from a quality assurance perspective.
- Coordinates projects (i.e. the design and development of
covers) and is engaged in the design and development of products
(i.e. the scope of future Trackers).
- Performs other projects and duties as assigned.
- Exercises care within work environment to prevent injuries.
Supports and follows all company safety policies and procedures
identified for individual contributors.Minimum Required
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience with editing, proofreading and project support
is preferredPreferred Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to perform in an environment where confidentiality is
- Understanding of enterprise business tools like CPQ and
design-related software (relevant to specific job function).
- Self-starter with strong prioritization and time-management
- Effective problem solver with great attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication and follow-up
- Flexible, and capable of managing deadline pressure,
accelerated timelines and unpredictable workloads.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and MS
Project and Outlook.?Corporate Core Competencies
- Business Insight - Applying knowledge of business and the
marketplace to advance the organization?s goals.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and
delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Decision Quality - Making smart and timely decisions that keep
the organization moving forward.
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough
challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and
- Plans and Aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet
commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Ensures Accountability - Holding self and others accountable to
- Drives Results - Consistently achieving results, even under
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working
collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Courage - Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what
needs to be said.
- Instills Trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others
through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be
challenged using both formal and informal development
- Manages Ambiguity - Operating effectively, even when things are
not certain or the way forward is not clear.Safety StatementAt
School Specialty Inc., SAFETY is every employee?s first
responsibility. We expect our employees to adhere to all safety
practices, have the moral courage to stop other individuals from
performing unsafe acts, and immediately report unsafe
- The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list
of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel
so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties
outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as
- School Specialty, Inc. is a Drug Free Workplace. All applicants
are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled
- If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the
employment process, please contact us by email at [Click Here to
Email Your Resum?] and let us know the nature of your request and
your contact information. Openings 1--
Keywords: School Specialty, Inc, Bellingham , Project Specialist, Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!