Lead Piping Designer Oil & Gas (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller
Posted on: July 5, 2019
About Us:Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the
United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and
technical services for the world---s leading companies in the food
and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and
other market sectors. Our 1,500-plus technical and engineering
experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation,
control system integration, facility and process engineering,
architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance,
enterprise technology and other consulting
services.--Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of
engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the
packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries.
By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational
strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a
$3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a
common belief: to use the power of business to build a better
world.--Job Description:Seeking an experienced Oil & Gas industry
Piping Designer to join our team. The successful candidate must
have extensive experience in executing projects for the Oil
Refining, Gas Transmission, or Petrochemical industries with the
highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on
safety.-- The candidate should have experience in designing
foundations for large industrial equipment such as reciprocating
compressors, turbines, and towers as well as steel design for
modular packages.-- The candidate must have excellent communication
skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines,
often across multiple offices.Responsibilities
- Layout of Process equipment systems using 2D and 3D software
packages to produce drawings from concept through construction
- Designs and Models piping systems including supports using 3D
- Generates Piping design and detail drawings including General
Layouts, Piping Orthographics, Isometrics and Pipe Support Details
utilizing 2D and 3D modeling software.
- Coordinates designs with other piping team members and with
- Evaluate vendor equipment for design applications and assist
with equipment specifications and reviews.
- Examine and validate drawings for quality and compliance.
- Examine, validate, and coordinate other discipline designs for
compliance with layouts.
- Work with laser scanning vendors to get as-built information
and work into design.
- Visit Client plant sites to evaluate design options or to
validate as-built designs.Requirements
- 10 years--- experience overall with piping layout, design, and
- 5 years--- experience in Oil & Gas including midstream natural
gas projects and refineries
- 5 years--- of 3D CAD design experience in a technical software
platform such as CADWorx, Revit, Aveva PDMS (E3D), Intergraph PDS
or SmartPlant, or others.
- Minimum of 2 years of 2D AutoCad experience.
- Proficient in Navisworks 3D model software for design
- Extensive knowledge of piping design standards, specifications,
guides, and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of pipe support design.
- Knowledge of pipe stress analysis and ability to work with pipe
- Working knowledge of ASME B31.1, ASME B31.3, ASME B31.4, and
ASME B31.8 piping codes
- Experience with equipment design, layout, and installation of
systems is required.
- Site engineering and construction experience is a plus.
- MS Office suite skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Must be able to physically move around in an Industrial Plant
and be able to climb ladders, stairs, and access tight places.
- Must be able to take field measurements with tape measure and
other electronic measuring devices.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the
requirement for effective communication of complex issues across
multiple offices and teams.
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a
valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential
- Associated Degree preferred. Experience in lieu of Education is
- Travel may be required to commute to our clients--- sites,
interact with other Design Group offices, and other intermittent
business needs. The combined travel required to support this role
is estimated to be 40 to 60%, but may adjust to meet current
project need.--Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer.
M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.--Applicants may be subject
to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening,
reference checks, employment verifications, background screening
and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller, Bellingham , Lead Piping Designer Oil & Gas (Design Group), Other , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!