Company: WinCo Foods
Posted on: February 11, 2020
About UsJoin our Winning Team today and start your ownership
journey!--WinCo Foods is a family of 20,000+ employee-owners, with
126 grocery stores and our own distribution and transportation
network operating across 10 states in the American West, Pacific
Northwest and Southwest.-- As the Low Price Grocery Leader we
believe that we make the lives of our customers and employee-owners
better and we do it by focusing on the people and communities where
we operate.--WinCo Foods began in 1967, in Boise, ID, under the
name Waremart, operating stores under the name until 1999, when the
name was changed to WinCo Foods, short for Winning Company.--In
1985, after a group of senior employees purchased a majority
interest in the company, they made the momentous decision to give
WinCo Foods employees a real ownership stake. The WinCo Foods
Employee Stock Ownership Trust (ESOP) was born, creating what has
now become the third largest Employee-Owned company in the United
States.--Today, WinCo Foods is well known and beloved for its
everyday low-prices and engaged employee-owners across our service
areas, encompassing 126 stores throughout Washington, Idaho,
Nevada, California, Oregon, Utah, Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma and
Montana.--Heres the best part: The day you start at WinCo Foods is
the day you start building your ownership stake!-- (available at
most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
Description)--Providing for your future self While you may not
think so today, the WinCo Foods ESOP is a path to financial
security. Think about this: to date, we have more than 500
millionaire employee-owners, with hundreds more close behind!--The
formula is simple: work hard and the better you do, the better your
location does. The better your location does, the better the
company does.-- The better the company does, the better our ESOP
does.-- You get an annual gift of stock equaling 20% of what you
make each year.-- After six years, its all yours, no matter what.--
(ESOP available at most locations, check the locations Summary Plan
Description)--You can own a grocery store!--How cool is that? Work
hard, stay focused and it may just support you for the rest of your
life!--In addition, WinCo Foods also offers great Healthcare at
very low cost, career advancement opportunities, paid vacation and
sick leave, and competitive wages.--So what are you waiting for?
Apply now!--Overview--Job Summary--Maintain a safe and clean store
facility environment. --Consistently provides world class customer
service to internal and external customers. Performs other related
work.--Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Seeks opportunities to welcome, engage, serve and thank
customers. Maintains an atmosphere of friendly, enthusiastic
customer service with an emphasis of taking care of the
- Maintains a clean and safe environment throughout the store for
customers and employees performing cleaning tasks regularly and on
an as needed basis.
- Maintains safe spill free floors (sales floor, backroom,
restrooms, office, breakroom, etc.) by sweeping and mopping.
- Maintains sweep logs.
- Empties trash cans and trash bins throughout the interior and
the exterior of store property.
- Maintains office and employee breakroom areas.
- Wipe down all walls and appliances (pop machines, vending
machines, ATM, cases, rails, etc.)
- Cleans and sanitizes all restroom floors, fixtures, appliances,
- Clean cases and glass doors throughout the store.
- Maintains can return machines and area. (Wipe down machines,
empty bins, etc.)
- Dusts and vacuum store facilities.
- Assists with replacement of lamps in light fixtures.
- Clean and scrub the backrooms.
- Cooperates in a kind and courteous manner with customers.
- May assist in rounding up and bringing in shopping carts from
parking lot as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.RequirementsAbility
- Consistently provide world class customer service to internal
and external customers.
- Work varied hours typically between 9:00 am and 10:00 pm in a
24/7 operation; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Read and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Perform moderate lifting (up to 30 lbs.)
- Crawl, bend, stoop, climb, balance, reach, walk, push, pull,
maneuver in tight quarters, climb on ladders and scaffolding,
- Use all types of approved chemicals and solvents.
- Work outside in cold, hot, and inclement weather conditions
(rain, snow and sleet).
- Respond quickly to audible pages for spill clean up, customer
service, accidents and emergencies, etc.
- Communicate (hearing & speech) with customers and fellow
- Learn safety and departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.Additional
- Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws).Machines and
- Pallet jacks, hand truck, garbage and card board
- Automatic floor scrubbing machine.
- Electric shopping cart caddy.
- Various hand tools.The above statements are intended to
describe the general nature of work performed by the employees
assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company
policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and
qualifications required of personnel may vary.EEO/InclusivityAs
WinCo Foods continues to grow, our diversityfrom our variety of
perspectives and wide range of experiencesis essential to our
strategy and success. We are committed to continue to cultivate and
celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are
valued and respected regardless of their race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran,
or disability status.
Keywords: WinCo Foods, Bellingham , MAINTENANCE CLERK, Professions , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!