AS Publicity Center Distribution Coordinator
Company: Western Washington University
Posted on: February 16, 2020
AS Publicity Center Distribution Coordinator 2019-2020Apply
nowWork type:Associated StudentsLocation:Bellingham,
WACategories:Student EmployeePosition TitleAS Publicity Center
Distribution Coordinator 2019-2020About the DepartmentThe Publicity
Center provides high quality and personalized promotional services,
products and support to the Associated Students organization and
students of Western Washington University. We offer excellence in
graphic design, print and electronic media, and distribution
services while providing unique educational opportunities and
leadership experience to student employees.About the PositionThe
Distribution Coordinator ensures the timely dissemination of
publicity materials which may include posters, fliers, table tents,
banners, newspapers, etc.Terms of PositionThis is a three quarter
position. This position starts the Monday two weeks before the
start of classes fall quarter and ends the Friday of finals week
the following spring quarter. This position works an average of 15
hours per week. The position holder may work more some weeks and
less other weeks depending on the offices needs. The position
holder is neither required nor expected to work during
intersession, winter break or spring break. Required
- Maintain a minimum credit load throughout term of position of 6
credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduates.
- Maintain a minimum of a 2.00 cumulative grade point
- Ability to complete the entire term of the position.Preferred
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety
of people on Western's campus and in the Bellingham community.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple people and
- Ability to work within deadlines and problem solve.
- Knowledge of the campus and Bellingham community, including
appropriate locations for placement or posting of promotional
- Comfortable carrying newspapers, ladder, posters and/or banners
long distances across campus.
- Ability to lead and motivate others, and coordinate and
- Comfortable using a ladder.
- Valid drivers license
- Comfortable riding a bike (for distribution purposes when staff
is not available).AS Employment Responsibilities
- Serve the diverse membership of the Associated Students in a
professional and ethical mannerby:
- Being familiar with and upholding the AS Charter, all WWU
policies, and all AS policies (including the Employment Policy,
Code of Conduct, Program Standards, etc.).
- Attending all AS staff development events including, but not
limited to: pre-fall orientation, pre-winter, and pre-spring staff
- Being knowledgeable of the AS organization and its general
- Serving on search committees as designated by the AS Personnel
- Ensure the legacy of this positionby:
- Working with supervisor and Personnel Director to revise and
update position job description.
- Working with the previous position holder to complete a minimum
of 15 hours of unpaid internship as well as providing a 15 hour
internship to the incoming position holder.
- Developing and maintaining a legacy document as required by the
AS Employment Policy.AS Publicity Center Responsibilities
- Provide Support to the Publicity Centerby:
- Maintaining a minimum of 15 office hours per week coordinated
with the Publicity Center Coordinator.
- Attending periodic Publicity Center staff meetings.
- Assisting with clients at front desk when needed.
- Completing other duties as assigned.Position Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely distribution of materialsby:
- Maintaining posted office hours.
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and reporting needs to PC
- Meeting daily distribution tasks assigned by PC Project
- Adequately scheduling staff for assigned routes.
- Coordinating posting banners on campus buildings.
- Coordinating distribution of table tents to dining areas.
- Coordinating distribution of the NY Times, AS Review and other
- Managing, using, and coordinating the use of an electric-assist
tricycle for transporting materials.
- Coordinating distribution communicationby:
- Serving as the supporting PC liaison with the NY Times and the
REP Director regarding NY Times Distribution, including
coordinating the tracking of NY Times returns for each location,
and completing the required affidavits to the NY Times
representative in a timely manner.
- Enforce posting rulesby:
- Training staff to recognize unauthorized postings.
- Removing unauthorized postings and notifying appropriate group
of current rules.
- Ensure quality promotionsby:
- Maintaining clean, well-managed posting locations for the best
- Reporting graffiti and/or difficult to remove defacement by
notifying PC Coordinator.
- Monitoring distribution locations to ensure all promotions are
- Establish and maintain an accurate record of the status of
- Generate ideas for new distribution locations and distribution
improvements to PC Coordinator.
- Update posting locations and prepare distribution lists for
- Maintain on-campus open-distribution boards and clear
- Coordinating maintenance and use of trike with Sustainability
- Support a successful staffby:
- Coordinating training for all staff with Westerns
Sustainability Office for use of electric-assist tricycle
- Holding periodic staff meetings for Distribution staff
- Bringing personnel issues to the attention of the Publicity
- Making quarterly reservations for use of AS vehicle for
distribution needs.Academic EmphasisAll majors are encouraged to
apply.WageStarting hourly rate of $15.15.Application InstructionsA
cover letter and resume are required and should address your
experience related to the position responsibilities and the
required and preferred qualifications. In your cover letter please
also specifically address the following questions:
- Why are you interested in working for the Associated
- Why are you interested in working in this position?
- What specific skills, knowledge, and/or experience (paid and
volunteer) do you have that would help you be successful in this
- Will you be available for all mandatory AS Staff Development
trainings (this will not conflict with school) including Spring
training on March 30th?
- What is your schedule of availability for a job interview?
Closing Date NotesApplication open until February 14th.Western
Washington University (WWU) is an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained
faculty and staff. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and
veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with
applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering
an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, WWU does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national
origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability,
age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs
or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational
programs. See WWUs Policy on Ensuring Equal Opportunity and
Prohibiting Discrimination and Retaliation. Inquiries may be
directed to the Vice Provost for Equal Opportunity and Employment
Diversity, Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Equal Opportunity Office,
Western Washington University, Old Main 345 (MS 9021), 516 High
Street, Bellingham, WA 98225; 360.650.3307 (voice) or 711
(Washington Relay); email@example.comWWU is committed to providing
reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with
disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate
format or to request an accommodation, please contact Human
Resources Disability Services, 360.650.3774 or 711 (Washington
Relay).All new employees must comply with the immunization policy
and show employment eligibility verification as required by the
U.S. Citizen and Immigration Service before beginning work at WWU.
A thorough background check will be conducted on all new hires.Job
no:496722Advertised:Mar 12 2019 09:00Pacific Daylight
TimeApplications close:Feb 14 2020 23:55Pacific Standard Time
Keywords: Western Washington University, Bellingham , AS Publicity Center Distribution Coordinator, Professions , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!