Architectural wood and metals Estimator-Commercial Construction
Company: CDI Custom Design, Inc.
Posted on: September 20, 2022
_Estimator - Architectural Metal and Millwork _
CDI Custom Design Inc is the leading manufacturer of Custom
Architectural Woodwork and Custom Metal Fabrication in the Pacific
Northwest. We design and build extremely unique components for
upscale commercial and mixed-use spaces in Seattle & surrounding
areas, as well as High End Restaurants and Casinos. We are seeking
an estimator responsible for completing thorough and accurate
take-offs and proposals for high end projects bidding out of
divisions 5 and 6. *Responsibilities and Duties: *
* Review and understand all contract documents.
* After determining scope, complete accurate and detailed
* Use internal and external resources to obtain accurate material
prices and vendor quotes.
* Work with Drafting and Project management departments necessary
to ensure the items are bid for constructability, and upon award of
the project, are manufactured accordingly.
* Compile all material, production, shipping and other associated
costs in order to calculate a final proposed bid price for the
* Communicate thoroughly with customers regarding RFI's and
* Respond accurately to customer and internal questions about scope
of work and takeoffs.
* Upon bid acceptance, facilitate hand-off meetings to ensure
efficient and complete transfer of information.
* Prepare and present all needed information at hand-off
* Maintain relationships with sub-contractors and vendors to ensure
* Organize all information necessary for the bidding process,
including specifications, plans and a list of the products to be
bid, and distribute info to appropriate vendors for bidding.
* Follow up with trade contractors and suppliers to ensure bids are
returned in a timely matter.
* Responsible for project financial outcomes and accurately
forecasting project costs and profitability. *Qualifications: *
* Ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Construction
Management, Engineering, or similar OR
* At least 3 years of experience estimating commercial construction
* Ability to successfully estimate commercial projects over
* Able to work collaboratively.
* Work with Project management team through to completion.
* Review final budget and lessons learned.
* Reviewing drawings and project specification manuals.
* Perform accurate take offs.
* Soliciting competitive bids from subcontractors.
* Sourcing material and services, when required.
* Preparing timely formal estimates.
* Document and organize all backup information.
* Maintaining accurate proposal logs.
* Prepare and track change orders.
* Attend bid leveling meetings and or review leveling sheets.
* Review contract purchase orders for accuracy.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software and other estimating
* Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects
* Detail oriented, highly organized and possessing a strong work
* Excellent communication and negotiation abilities. Job Type:
Full-time Pay: $41,518.00 - $110,462.00 per year Benefits:
* Dental insurance
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift Education:
* Bachelor's (Preferred) Experience:
* Construction estimating: 5 years (Preferred) Work Location: One
Keywords: CDI Custom Design, Inc., Bellingham , Architectural wood and metals Estimator-Commercial Construction, Professions , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!