Surgical Technician - OR (PRN)
Company: Surgery Partners
Posted on: January 20, 2023
DescriptionJOB TITLE: Surgical Technologist
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Surgical technologists, also called scrubs and surgical or
operating room technicians, assist in surgical operations under the
supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical
personnel. Surgical technologists are members of operating room
teams, which most commonly include surgeons, anesthesiologists, and
- A graduate of an accredited surgical technologist
- 3 years' OR experience
- 10 hour shifts
- Prepares and maintains medical equipment for surgical
- Before an operation, surgical technologists help prepare the
operating room by setting up surgical instruments and equipment,
sterile drapes, and sterile solutions.
- Follows hospital regulations and industry procedures to tend to
patient during pre-operation procedures.
- Performs pre-operation preparations to the patient's skin, body
and medical equipment.
- Assemble both sterile and non-sterile equipment, as well as
adjust and check it to ensure it is working properly.
- Get patients ready for surgery by washing, shaving, and
disinfecting incision sites.
- Transport patients to the operating room, help position them on
the operating table, and cover them with sterile surgical
- Observe patients' vital signs, check charts, and assist the
surgical team with putting on sterile gowns and gloves.
- Pass instruments and other sterile supplies to surgeons and
- Hold retractors, cut sutures, and help count sponges, needles,
supplies, and instruments. Help prepare, care for, and dispose of
specimens taken for laboratory analysis and help apply
- Operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines, and help
operate diagnostic equipment.
- After an operation, help transfer patients to the recovery room
and clean and restock the operating room.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods and lift or turn
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office
- Ability to concentrate for periods of up to four hours
- Ability to communicate verbally both in person and on the
- Ability to use computer keyboard and to view a computer
This description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for
meeting job requirements. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills,
abilities and working conditions may change as needs evolve.
BehaviorsTeam Player - Works well as a member of a
groupEnthusiastic - Shows intense and eager enjoyment and
interestDedicated - Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or
MotivationsSelf-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside
Keywords: Surgery Partners, Bellingham , Surgical Technician - OR (PRN), Professions , Bellingham, Washington
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!